Harbor Freight

Monday, October 25, 2010

On the edge of the energy revolution


As the fog lifts, farms begin to appear like ghosts upon the horizon in the early morning. The grass is soaked with dew and my feet are feeling the cold wetness of it all. As I watch the fog melt away, I think about all of the possibilities of alternative electricity.
Reflecting upon last night’s Home Makeover edition, where the famous remodelers/rebuilders build new homes in a week, I wasn’t surprised when they included solar panels and a windmill claiming that the two items would cut electricity costs by 90%.
Solar energy is becoming the favorite in replacing conventional methods of producing electricity. The Chinese based Wanxiang Corporation has opened a manufacturing plant in Rockford Illinois to produce Solar Panels, bringing accessibility of alternative energy closer to the local market.
Upon further investigation, one would find that Wanxiang also produces several types of LED Lighting as well. The impressive list of lighting options pricks my curiosity as to what market this company is focused upon.
To my disappointment, it appears Wanxiang is producing for commercial customers. Again, big business is the preferred market approached with alternative energy options indicating the expense currently involved in installing green energy.
Feeling a little discouraged but more determined to locate simple electricity options, my search is on. I do wonder, however, when these lighting options will become available in the local market.
I believe we are on the very edge of an energy revolution that hasn’t fully entered the consumer market. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment